Skip to main content

WHEN IT HITS YOU (It Series #1) by @NickiElson3D #contemporary #romance #NewRelease


I'm so pleased to have my critique partner, NICKI ELSON, here to tell you about her new book! I adored this book (see my 5 star review.) Thank you to author Darcia Helle for this f'in blog post idea. Take it away, Nicki:

Thank you, Jen, for having me over to celebrate the release of WHEN IT HITS YOU (a new edition of the novel formerly known as Vibrizzio). Reacquiring my rights to this story allowed me to re-brand with an emphasis on the love story. I'm so excited to have it join its sister books in The It Series: WHEN IT HOOKS YOU and WHEN IT HOLDS YOU.

For today's post, Jen gave me ten F-words to relate to one of my characters. I chose Lyssa Bates, the lead in WHEN IT HITS YOU.


F'ing Lyssa

Something about Lyssa that is...

1. Frightful - She dumps a shocking amount of cream in her coffee.

2. Favorable - She's the kind of friend who'll whisk your drunken ass away from embarrassment.

3. Flamboyant - She gets saucy on the dance floor with the sexy cousin of the groom.

4. Factual - She's' a youngest child.

5. Fanatical - She becomes a little too attached to her battery-operated boyfriend.

6. Feisty - Her first line of defense: sarcasm. Lots of sarcasm.

7. Formidable - She'll rise to a challenge, whether it's taking the lead in the boardroom or rocking "the lawnmower" on the dance floor.

8. False - She pulls on a fake smile when her mother and sister get under her skin.

 9. Fierce - She's not afraid to call people out...unless one of those people is her mother or sister.

10. Frustrating - She can't see herself the way Hayden does.

WHEN IT HITS YOU

Electronic. That’s how my love life was supposed to stay. Just me and my B.O.B.s (battery-operated boyfriends, if you don’t know). I didn’t expect to get partnered at work with the Adonis in Ralph Lauren. And I certainly never thought he’d turn out to be anything but an arrogant jerk.

Lyssa Bates doesn’t need a man. The twenty-six-year-old financial analyst is more than fulfilled by her career, friends, and a ready supply of double-A batteries. Her relationship with Hayden King is purely professional—and that’s how she intends to keep it. But accidental kisses in Dallas, all-nighters in Chicago, and hot tub confessions in Baltimore mess with her head and shake her resistance. Especially when he turns his charms full on her.

Why is it that whenever you’re not looking for love, that’s exactly when it hits you? ~Lyssa

Only 99c for a limited time.
Free to read in Kindle Unlimited.




Comments

Nicki Elson said…
Thank you, thank you, thank you for hosting me today and for ALL of your support throughout The It Series. :D
Stephanie Faris said…
Congratulations to Nicki! This sounds like something romance readers will LOVE!